Saturday, September 11, 2010

losing you

this is something i wrote back in college. thought i'd just post something to break the silence.


if time would go back I would find you a person of no consequence.

in my life you were the only person who can tell me, “i know you.” it did not happen in a blink of an eye. we worked on it, little by little, like pasting plaster to a beloved statue, we’ve come to cherish our shared galatea. i treated you with more warmth, love and respect than any other person in this world.

did that frighten you?

well, it frightened me.

so i started hitting you with pretentious anger, pummeling fists of hatred that were intended to be more violent than they have ever been. so there were those terrible battles of two entwined souls confused and threatened by the onslaught of fabricated calamities sure to extinguish the flickering light of intimacy. “i’m scared, let’s stop this,” – i thought. “fuck, I don’t give a damn,”- i mouthed.

why did you not hear my unspoken plea for a truce? why did you not listen to the resonance of my bruised spirit unable to halt what it regretfully started?

i lost.

did you know that?

will you ever know?

in the final exodus of understanding coaxed by fear, pride and distorted sense of self-preservation, i lost you.

and in losing the being enmeshed to my soul i lost a part of myself bigger than is worldly possible. you cannot tell me, “i know you,“ now. for i am just an insult to the person you helped into being.

damn.

if time will go back i will find you a person of no consequence.

5 comments:

wanderingcommuter said...

moving... indeed, very moving...

kiel estrella said...

@wc - tenks, ewik.

Kane said...

Kiel,

"I don't remember one moment I tried to forget
I lost myself yet I'm better not sad
Now I'm closer to the edge."

Years later, we still go back...

Kane

kiel estrella said...

Kane!

How are you my friend?! It's been too long.

Maybe we can finally have that coffee?

R.

Kane said...

R.,

It has been awhile, eh? The seasons have changed.

Yes, coffee sounds nice =) So you can show me your abs from all that working out.

Kane

Regular Readers